What are the Refund and Return conditions for dropshipping?
As a supplier configuring your dropshipping store, you can decide whether to approve or decline full returns. Two choices are available to choose from:
- Accept liability returns (damaged, broken, or incorrectly shipped items). This option is set by default.
- Accept all types of returns (includes "regret returns")
Accepting all returns makes it very attractive for retailers to offer your products through dropshipping.
The return and refund policies you establish will be displayed on your dropshipping store, allowing retailers to review them before deciding to offer your products for dropshipping.
To activate your return settings, navigate to your dropshipping settings here. There, you can specify whether you allow full returns and for which channel:
Set your return instructions directly in the dedicated field (see above)to ensure they are automatically communicated to the retailer in the event of a regrettable return. Alternatively, you can choose to offer personalized returns for each request, but this necessitates manual processing of each return inquiry.
Important to note:
- The retailer is accountable for the return shipment.
- Orderchamp will initiate the product refund only after you confirm receipt of the return.
- The retailer is not reimbursed for return costs.
- Regret returns remain open for 30 days after the delivery date.
You can initiate the refund once the return is received. This refund will automatically be issued by Orderchamp to the retailer following the same payment method used for the original transaction.
The refund amount can vary depending on the nature of the issue.
To refund an order completely or partially, you will first have to unlock the order and then issue the refund.
You will then be able to manage the refunded amounts depending on the quantities to be refunded.
As well as selecting the reason for this refund.
Once confirmed, the refund will be issued by us directly.
Important Note: No % refund can be done. Only full units of products can be refunded.
Amount to be Refunded by Reason type:
- Customer-initiated return: Only the product price will be refunded.
- Product not delivered due to incorrect address or customer unavailability: Only the product price will be refunded.
- Product arrives damaged, incomplete, or defective: product price will be refunded.
- Order cancellation: Both the product price and the shipping and handling costs will be refunded.
Please be aware that cancellations and refunds resulting from products being out of stock will incur a penalty fee.
Managing an issue
We trust that our dropshipping partners, who are seamlessly integrated with their e-commerce software, experience minimal issues with their orders. This being said, occasional situations may arise, such as product damage or customer complaints.
For more information on how to manage issues on Orderchamp, refer to this article.