By default the variants of your products are ‘always available’ to order, so if you have not turned off this option for your product, it can be ordered even when your stock is 0 or below. This allows you to set a product available for back order. If you don’t want this, there are two ways to disable the back order option:
Manually per product
- Go to the Products in your back office and click on the product you want to change;
- Uncheck the box for "Continue selling when out of stock" below the product title and description.
- Click “Update”.
Bulk option for multiple variants/products
- Go to ‘Products’ in your back office;
- Select all the products you want to change;
- Click on “Items selected” and choose "Update continue selling";
- In the popup, select "Dont allow these products to be sold when out of stock" and click “Update”.