How to manually import your products?
How to import your catalogue:
- You can download our Product sheet example which you can also find in your backoffice under the import section. This template contains all instructions and data field options to fill in the file accurately.
- You will then have to import the file in your Import page.
- The last step, is mapping the fields and validating the import.
Before completing the file, please watch this quick tutorial that will help guide you through the file:
Do your Products have Variants?
Your products can have different variants. These can be colors or sizes for example. If you would like to show these variants at the product level (see image below) here is how it needs to be set in the file:
- Each Variant should be in a separate row
- The 'Product ID' (column A) has to be the same for the product that has these variants (ex: a product with 7 variants will have 7 rows with 7 times the same Product ID)
- Variants should still each have a different 'SKU' (reference number - column N)
- The 'Product Title' (column B) should be the same for all the variants of your product
- What defines the variant needs to be indicated in the section called 'Options' (column D-F depending on the nature of the variant)
You will find examples of a product with several color variants in our template to guide you.
Overview of a product with variants:
Credit: Van Buren Bolsward
How to upload your Pictures?
There are different ways of uploading pictures:
- Add a URL directly in the file.
You can add several links per product. These links should all be in the same cell and delimited by a " , "
- Add them manually after importing your file.
You can import the file without pictures, you will then need to manually add the pictures per product from your backoffice before publishing them.
- Send a wetransfer or shared drive to email@example.com with each file named by SKU. (If you have several pictures, name them by order: SKU_1 ; SKU_2 ; SKU_3)
Are you ready to import your file?
Before importing, check the most common errors:
- File type should be: csv or xlsx
- All mandatory fields need to be added, otherwise it’s not possible to import (see below)
- Do not forget to remove the row 1 and 2 from the file prior to importing
- Delete the example from the file
- Products are often sold in different sizes, colors, styles and other options.These options we call 'Variants'. Each product variant should have his own row.
- Any rows with the same Product ID will be considered options of the same product.
- The product title should be of the main product, not of the variant. Specify in the Option columns what the variant is.
- If a product has multiple images, add each URL link in the same cell, separated by comma (“,”), in the order you would like images to appear on your storefront
- Do not rename any of the tabs or change the names in other languages, all columns need to be in English as the original template file
- Do not merge cells
- Many cells have dropdowns with the valid values we require. All valid values can be seen in the "Data Options" tab in the template file
Important! Importing a file will not keep your inventory synced automatically. If you update inventory data on another platform, you will need to perform another import containing the same products in order to update the data on Orderchamp's platform.
We strongly recommend to setup an integration from the many integrations Orderchamp has developed. You can check the integrations list and instructions here. With an integration, your stock will be updated in real time instead of relying on manual imports, therefore you do not risk retailers ordering products that might be already out of stock before you manually update your stock.
If you're having trouble with importing your catalogue, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.